Bré! Ribs n Slaw
RIBS ‘O BRÉ
- 1kg pork ribs
- 1 stubby Coopers Best Extra Stout (Bré!)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ¼ soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 (450g) Red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Place ribs in a large pan or resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients. Pour marinade over the ribs. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least eight hours.
Prepare a hot frypan
Remove ribs from the refrigerator. Discard the marinade.
Place ribs on the grill. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Combine the glaze ingredients. Apply glaze generously on the ribs. Grill for an additional 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 175 degrees.
Remove from the grill and allow ribs to rest for 15 minutes.
Place cabbage, onion, carrot and dill in a bowl. Whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Add to cabbage mixture. Toss to combine.