Chicken, chorizo with lentils
August 1, 2014
- 6 Chicken thigh fillets on the bone, with skin
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 3 springs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 bottle of white wine
- 3 cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 500-600g of mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Heat oil in pan and brown chicken fillets, remove from pan but retain juices in pan.
- Heat some more oil in pan, add mushrooms, garlic, chorizo and rosemary and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 5 mins.
- Return chicken to the pan and add the white wine, bring to boil and turn down the heat to a gentle simmer and place lid on top.
- Cook for approximately 45-60minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add lentils and heat through and serve.
- Serve with fresh greens.