Saffron spaghetti with crab, lemon and dill
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 500g fresh spaghetti (you should make it)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 40g fresh crab meat
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill
Combine the saffron and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to infuse.
Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
Use a zester to remove rind from lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the cream and crab and gently toss for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add the lemon juice and zest and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Add the pasta, green onions and dill and gently toss to combine. Divide evenly among serving bowls and serve immediately.