Zucchini & Brussels Sprouts Fritters
Scallops with hazelnuts and golden grape tomatoes
1/4 cup coarsely chopped skin-on hazelnuts
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops, side muscle removed, patted dry
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
1. Toast hazelnuts in a pan, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Toss with 1-tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Season scallops with salt and pepper; cook until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Pour off most liquid in skillet. Add tomatoes and shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until some tomatoes have burst, about 4 minutes. Mix in vinegar and serve with scallops topped with tarragon and hazelnuts.
Zucchini and Brussels sprout Fritters
3 zucchini, shredded
6 Brussels sprouts, shredded
200g haloumi, grated
2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
1 cup basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup rice flour
2 tablespoons buttermilk
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup goat’s curd
Flat-leaf parsley leaves,
Finely grated lemon rind and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place the zucchini, sprouts, haloumi, onion, basil, garlic, flour, eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Place 1 cupful of the zucchini mixture into the pan and press down to spread evenly over the base. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Place on paper towel and repeat with the remaining mixture.
3. Divide zucchini fritters between plates and top with the goat’s curd, parsley and lemon rind. Serve with the lemon wedges.